- You have zero cravings.
- You have a balanced blood sugar.
- You eat 3 square meals and a 1-2 snacks and that's it.
- You feel satisfied yet not stuffed after eating.
- You are hungry, but no more than a 6 on a scale rom 1-10 before eating a meal.
- You know which foods feel good in your body while eating and after eating them.
- You are not obsessed about food when not eating.
- You are not counting the seconds, minutes, hours til your next meal.
- You have a balanced mood, your stress tolerance level is good
- Your skin, hair and nails are strong.
- Your hormones and brain chemicals are balanced.
And no, eating for size and weight loss is not eating right for your body type.
A fit body happens as a side effect of a balanced biochemistry.
Whenever we manipulate weight loss, our body fights back - maybe not immediately, but the biochemistry begins to change in order to cater for a stressful situation of (nutrient) starvation, which is what our body perceives many of those rigid diets, that we adhere to, in order to keep our skinny jeans on.
Ask yourself: Does what you eat today make you feel good tomorrow?
If not, it's time to consider getting back on track to restore your hunger and appetite switch.